Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2023, 05:40 PM   #1
Ensign

Default need info on trailer for SCR 2900

So I have to pull my boat out to work on the lower unit. It is a SCR 2900. weight of boat is 7300 pounds per the specs, but likely closer to 8000. I don't have a trailer, but a guy on the dock says i can use his. it is for a 26 foot boat. Rating per the license is 9000 pounds. It is only 2 axle though. Now i only need to move the boat up a ramp and across a parking area. not even a quarter mile.

has anyone trailered this or similar boat on a 2 axle trailer? the trailer doesn't have a sticker or brand or anything. looks about 20 years old.

I know some people say its better to do a short haul, but the boat yards here kinda suck and all of em are 8-10 miles away up a river or 15 mile across the lake. plus they are all booked up until july.

I know it isn't ideal, but I have few options.

ScubaDave16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 01:36 AM   #2
Admiral

I would be more concerned that the back of your boat would be extending well beyond the end of the trailer and this is where all the engine weight is. The result is the tongue of the trailer wanting to tip up. Can you just have the marine pull it and block it?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:11 PM   #3
Ensign

ive done it - big issue is getting the boat up far enough to not try pop the hitch off.. you can wrap and lock a chain tight around the tongue and hitch including the standard pin lock, just as a backup. My co worked used my 2 axle trailer to move a 2800 scr!! across a lot, no issue, take a portable tire inflator and add 5 - 10 psi ontop of the normal rating to stiffen the tires.. wont be a problem at all.. just watch for bunks scraping and stuff like that- exit the water slowly and stop every 4ft to check alignment and how it sits. the nose will want to bob a little cos of the angle of the ramp.. you can also buy a 2 inch strap from hoome depot to strap the nose downward to trailer to assist in keeping it from bobbing.

Get the boat up as absolutely far up as possible on the trailer- unbolt the winch if need be and tie a strong strap in place of winch - this can buy you valuable 3 feet easily.
camaroman77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer scr 2900