Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2024, 03:15 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Shower drain

Trying to figure shower drain out. Pump switch has no power, but I applied power from light switch to pump switch. Did not hear the pump start. Switch works, tested with ohm meter. Does the pump work off a auto shutoff switch similar to bilge pumps? Any suggestions

E3Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 08:32 PM   #2
Lt. JG

Hi, it may help by saying what boat you have so other owners can help.
Can you see the pump wherever its located - if so does it have some sort of float switch wired to it - if not then i'd suggest it should run when the switch is turned on. Thats how my 1998 2700 is set up.
My suggestion is to get a 12v supply directly to the pump and see if it runs, then at least you will know for sure if it is good / bad.
Good luck!

2700Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 02:27 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

I had trouble with Toilet. Couldn't find fuse on my SCR3300. Fuses are under battery switches under aft deck sink. Hard to find. Put in new panel on side of sink for easy access. Who would think to remove battery switches to find fuses
Uncleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:42 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3Jake View Post
Trying to figure shower drain out. Pump switch has no power, but I applied power from light switch to pump switch. Did not hear the pump start. Switch works, tested with ohm meter. Does the pump work off a auto shutoff switch similar to bilge pumps? Any suggestions
In my larger Maxum the shower drains into a box with a pump and float switch. I believe its powered by the 3 switches on the panel that run the toilet system.
Mike459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 12:51 AM   #5
Lt. JG

Took the pump out. Shower draining directly into mid bilge next to bilge pump. So problem solved for now.
E3Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 02:41 PM   #6

Shower pumps come in two configurations. Either a passive drain into a sump box with a float switch and a bilge pump to discharge from the sump box into either a grey water tank or overboard.

The other option is to connect the hose directly to an inline shower pump. The pump has a switch (usually lit) in the shower that is simply ON/OFF. The shower pan will flood until the pump is turned on. The pump will run dry when there is no longer water and needs to be manually shut off.

Check for 12VDC in this order

1) Inbound side of the switch

2) outbound side of the switch (with the switch on)

3) at the pump (with the switch on).

IF there is no power to the inbound side of the switch, there is an issue with the fuse (on teh fuse bus) or the circuit.

If there is no power on the outbound side of the switch, the issue is the switch.

If there is no power at the pump, it is the circuit from the switch to the pump.

If there is power to the pump, but it doesn't work then it is the pump.

Draining the shower into the bilge is going to create a horrible odor. It will also potentially clog your bilge pumps. I would fix the issue or start using a solar shower until its fixed.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote